Modern Skin: Winamp 2 to W3+
Creating a Modern Skin --> Intro --> Winamp 2 to Winamp 3+ --> Simple Skin Tutorial --> XML Intro --> Simple Skin Tutorial (Continued) --> Container --> Group --> Relative Positioning --> Complex Skin --> Non-Rect Player --> Layer Composition --> Alpha Channels --> Animatedlayer --> Snap Points --> Drawers --> Skin Scripting --> Drawer Scripting --> Animating a Skin --> Maki Overview --> Glossary
Transitioning from Winamp 2 and venturing into the new world of modern skinning with Winamp 3+!
- Purpose of this tutorial
- Basically a quick start for Winamp 2 Pros.
- Explain how the skinning process fundamentally changed from Winamp 2.
- Difference in the engine and philosophy.
- Highlighting the key areas to consider and emphasizing the new dynamic nature of the player.
- Wish list for this tutorial
- Include/Link to: an overview of new components with the new Winamp 3. Doing a comprehensive list of all the Components (top to bottom) would be helpful.
- A definition/glossary of all the components along with a detailed outline of the functionality of each component would also come in handy. Perhaps a FAQ. An example would be a definition of what the "Thinger" is and what its functionality is and maybe even to go so far as to what its limitations are.